Yep, Joe G. at Beppepodcast (out of LA) interviewed Marvin earlier in the week. Listen to learn so many facts about Marvin's former gay days "in the lifestyle", how he became a Christian and so much more. Seems Marvin is getting more attention than I am these days. That's okay, I'm sure once he makes it big, he'll remember us little people.
John Smid and me-Graduation 1998 (above) & John Smid today (left) By now many have heard that Tennessee's Department of Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities determined that the "ex-gay" program, Love in Action, is operating two “unlicensed mental health supportive living facilities”. LIA has until Friday, September 23 to respond. If LIA statements in Eartha Jane Melzer's article are indicative to how the "change" program might respond, we may see LIA change right before our eyes from a clinical mental health compound into a house of praise and worship. Gerard Wellman, business administrator for Love in Action, and a former Love in Action client, said Sept. 13 that the organization has been in contact with the state but would not comment further. “As a church, we operate under a different set of rules,” Wellman said. Curious, and what rules might these be? What is even more curious is that according to LIA's site only one staff member ...
Comments
Is he an old friend? Someone you just met?
I know that he is on LI and you in CT...so I know you';re not neighbors.