In which Marvin defends himself against the "attacks" on one of JJ's recent blog entries. Feeling increasingly under attack from the evil one, Marvin fights back!
John Smid and me-Graduation 1998 (above) & John Smid today (left) By now many have heard that Tennessee's Department of Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities determined that the "ex-gay" program, Love in Action, is operating two “unlicensed mental health supportive living facilities”. LIA has until Friday, September 23 to respond. If LIA statements in Eartha Jane Melzer's article are indicative to how the "change" program might respond, we may see LIA change right before our eyes from a clinical mental health compound into a house of praise and worship. Gerard Wellman, business administrator for Love in Action, and a former Love in Action client, said Sept. 13 that the organization has been in contact with the state but would not comment further. “As a church, we operate under a different set of rules,” Wellman said. Curious, and what rules might these be? What is even more curious is that according to LIA's site only one staff member ...
Comments
I gotta say, Marvin seems a lot more "real" than say Stephen Bennett (not to mention more likeable).
I dunno what that says, though, or about whom.
----
I have a question for all of you...should I show Marvin your comments or just let him cool off? I normally fax him comments once every few days, but I worry that he might not be ready to hear what you have to say. What do you think?
Perhaps Marvin just needs some time to consider why he reacted so harshly to what was really a fairly innocuous comment.
He is a fine upstanding member of the community, and, although not gay himself, has been a strong voice for the lgbt people.
http://www.dyxploitation.nu/issue7/murray1.html