In which Marvin gives special shout outs to the many of you who have left comments and asks, "Where in America are you from?" (i have tried to convince Marvin that he has an international audience, but he thinks I am joking) He wants to know what is happening in your lives so he can work his voodoo Jesus magic on you.
John Smid and me-Graduation 1998 (above) & John Smid today (left) By now many have heard that Tennessee's Department of Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities determined that the "ex-gay" program, Love in Action, is operating two “unlicensed mental health supportive living facilities”. LIA has until Friday, September 23 to respond. If LIA statements in Eartha Jane Melzer's article are indicative to how the "change" program might respond, we may see LIA change right before our eyes from a clinical mental health compound into a house of praise and worship. Gerard Wellman, business administrator for Love in Action, and a former Love in Action client, said Sept. 13 that the organization has been in contact with the state but would not comment further. “As a church, we operate under a different set of rules,” Wellman said. Curious, and what rules might these be? What is even more curious is that according to LIA's site only one staff member ...
Comments
I pray for you and hope that you can trust in Jesus love for you. Bless u!
alex.
Anyway, sorry to hear about all of the problems at your church. Church strife is difficult. I hope that you can make it work at your church with all of the issues that are going on or that you can find a new church with a bit less drama.
BTW, I'm in Iowa City, IA. Take care of yourself. :)
-Jon in Iowa City
You forgot me :(
But I don't comment very often so that's alright. I'm in the UK, just northwest of London.
CA
I'm sorry you haven't heard from me in a while, I just haven't been around that much, I'm pretty busy.
I live in Bristol, in the UK, and at the moment I'm getting ready for a comic convention that's held here this weekend, I'm going tomorrow to meet some people and hand out some comics.
I'm stunned to silence by some of these recent posts, so much is happening. It all sounds pretty crazy, I hope you can keep a sense of tranquility throught it all somehow.
I appreciate that your offer to bind our local devils in Jesus' name is well intentioned and all that, but it does worry me a little. I hope you don't mind me saying this... The spiritual environment I live in is very agreeable to me, but I'm not sure the God you pray to would approve of it. I would therefore ask you not to bind any devils around me, if that's OK.
As you've asked us not to pray for you to any diety that isn't yours, I'm sure you're happy to grant that same request.
Thanks,
Willie
So the neighbors are cool with the gay thing, but my native-plant fanatacism makes me something of an eccentric. No front lawn. Just poppies, lilac, sage, wild strawberries, monkeyflower and Erigerion glaucus (sort of a low-growing plant that flowers and then turns into fluffy puffballs, which the birds collect for nesting material).
I sometimes wonder if it would be spiritually uplifting experience for you to get more involved in nature and ecology. You really seemed to enjoy your trip to the zoo.
I'm in Washington DC. What was that about living in the dark, though? I don't get it.
Thanks for the shout-out! I've enjoyed keeping tabs on you and the many fascinating developments.
My family and I live in Long Beach, CA. right at the beach. It's a bit of a riot at my house with a 7 year old boy and a dog who thinks she's the queen. Maybe you should get Peterson to invite you to travel with him on his upcoming trip to lala land.
j.
Jerry
I live in the Deep South (deep enough so that it might as well be its own country, or would be if it had its druthers).
Peterson is right - I've been pretty crazy-busy recently (or is it just crazy?) and I've been out of town, too.
I live in Denver, Colorado. There are lots of people here who pray for the area (because we are right close to Colorado Springs, the Protestant Vatican).
I don't know if the prayers have helped me (I'm sure they haven't hurt) but it is here in Denver that I've found (in spite of the ex-gay ministries I moved here to attend) that I'm OK just who I am, as a lesbian. It's here I've found my true self and learned to love just who I am! I hope the same will happen for you, too.