On Monday I begin a three city tour of my new play, a one-person, multi-character, multi-gender play, Transfigurations — Transgressing Gender in the Bible , which explores the lives of transgender Bible characters. On Tuesday August 26, 2008 I will present the play at the headquarters of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 1640 Rhode Island Ave, Washington, DC. An hors d’oeuvres reception begins at 5:30 PM with the performance starting at 6:00 pm. On Wednesday I fly to Seattle, Washington for the Gender Odyssey Conference where I will mostly soak in the many amazing workshops, but I will also offer Transfigurations as a workshop on Sunday afternoon. Then I fly to New Orleans to take part in the Many Stories One Voice Conference . In addition to performing Transfigurations, I will also attend and present at For Such a Time as This: A Transgender Pre-Event. The last time I presented the play was earlier in the summer in Malta. The response there surprised me with many people telling me how...
Comments
Seriously Marvin, this is not the best way to share the Gospel. Chick tracts are nasty, unforgiving, and if you want my laymans opinion, unchristian, too.
By the way, what happened to your last prophesy? Where's your wife? Obviously it wasn't Soon, so where is she?
When I was a fundamentalist, charismatic, evangelical, conservative, Republican, I adored Chick tracts. I used them all the time. They seemed gutsy, hard hitting, honest, at least to my world view at the time.
I never got into the violently anti-Catholic ones though. My sweet grandmother did not seem like an agent of Satan.
Jerry