John Smid and me-Graduation 1998 (above) & John Smid today (left) By now many have heard that Tennessee's Department of Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities determined that the "ex-gay" program, Love in Action, is operating two “unlicensed mental health supportive living facilities”. LIA has until Friday, September 23 to respond. If LIA statements in Eartha Jane Melzer's article are indicative to how the "change" program might respond, we may see LIA change right before our eyes from a clinical mental health compound into a house of praise and worship. Gerard Wellman, business administrator for Love in Action, and a former Love in Action client, said Sept. 13 that the organization has been in contact with the state but would not comment further. “As a church, we operate under a different set of rules,” Wellman said. Curious, and what rules might these be? What is even more curious is that according to LIA's site only one staff member ...
Musings of Peterson Toscano, an ex-gay survivor and creator of Doin' Time in the Homo No Mo Halfway House, Transfigurations: Transgressing Gender in the Bible, and Bubble and Squeak podcast.
Comments
Look what LIA did to Peterson!
Can't you sneak a recording device in?
I'll miss your little podcasts - they've been a very welcome distraction from all my boring work recently.
CA
I have also learned to appreciate your devotion to the Lord.
I will look forward to hearing from you afterwards.
I hope Marvin will continue to blog...post LIA. I hope Peterson will follow up with you Marvin.
And...I hope people will allow Marvin to share his experiences and revelations without being overly critical...(at least at first!)
God bless Marvin and give him peace and joy on the journey. I suspect that LIA is not the final destination.
No more Marvin...