On Monday I begin a three city tour of my new play, a one-person, multi-character, multi-gender play, Transfigurations — Transgressing Gender in the Bible , which explores the lives of transgender Bible characters. On Tuesday August 26, 2008 I will present the play at the headquarters of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 1640 Rhode Island Ave, Washington, DC. An hors d’oeuvres reception begins at 5:30 PM with the performance starting at 6:00 pm. On Wednesday I fly to Seattle, Washington for the Gender Odyssey Conference where I will mostly soak in the many amazing workshops, but I will also offer Transfigurations as a workshop on Sunday afternoon. Then I fly to New Orleans to take part in the Many Stories One Voice Conference . In addition to performing Transfigurations, I will also attend and present at For Such a Time as This: A Transgender Pre-Event. The last time I presented the play was earlier in the summer in Malta. The response there surprised me with many people telling me how...
Comments
I love that you are in a time zone near me by the way, it is nice with day time posts :)
We are so very very close. I might as well go to Sweden next except the two of you are miles and miles away from each other. Shall we just meet up in the middle?
Wait, who am I kidding?! You're just FAR.
Just joking...I'm really happy for you, Peterson. Keep up the great blogging. :D
Awaiting your return,
Elliot
glad you are liking the blogging. I really have been on holiday all week, so thanks for letting me get away with all the photos and so little words. I really needed the break.
Meet up in the middle? Well, we would go anywhere for you and the middle is nice but just give in and move here instead. You know you want to! My kids who tries to learn how to read use to say "p som i pappa" (p as in dad) but has started to say "p som i Peterson" instead when they are spelling. Guess that we speak about you, well, a lot...
If you need a break feel free to take it for as long as you want. Even without pictures we know hoe to adore you.
Okay, today (Sunday) IS crap weather, but I am in a nice warm conservatory and can enjoy the moody clouds and steady rain without having to get wet or cold.