John Smid and me-Graduation 1998 (above) & John Smid today (left) By now many have heard that Tennessee's Department of Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities determined that the "ex-gay" program, Love in Action, is operating two “unlicensed mental health supportive living facilities”. LIA has until Friday, September 23 to respond. If LIA statements in Eartha Jane Melzer's article are indicative to how the "change" program might respond, we may see LIA change right before our eyes from a clinical mental health compound into a house of praise and worship. Gerard Wellman, business administrator for Love in Action, and a former Love in Action client, said Sept. 13 that the organization has been in contact with the state but would not comment further. “As a church, we operate under a different set of rules,” Wellman said. Curious, and what rules might these be? What is even more curious is that according to LIA's site only one staff member ...
Musings of Peterson Toscano, an ex-gay survivor and creator of Doin' Time in the Homo No Mo Halfway House, Transfigurations: Transgressing Gender in the Bible, and Bubble and Squeak podcast.

Comments
Good luck...
I'm not so sure I agree with Joe G about "reporting Jaun" to the pastor. Whatever you do, I think you should spend some time in prayer and contemplation about it...
I'm really questioning if this church is the best place for you. Sounds so toxic. Reminds me so much of churches I used to attend (except that no one told me that lesbianism was OK).
Maybe you should do some research about some of those scriptures you talk about. truth sets free is a great resource for indepth Bible study.
Anyway, I understand how confusing this all must feel. Hang in there...
I warned you right at the beginning, brother, and it is with a heavy heart that I admit all my worst fears for you are now being realized. Find a church where the Word of God is preached, and stop flirting with the Devil. Liberal "Christians" will only lead you down the road to hell.